Amritesh Singh Thakur,
Smoking leaves an unseen scar, it fills your inside with toxins and tar.
Smoking is cool and even good for our environment because it kills the smokers who kills our environment. Smoking is an condition in which person believe that sense of well being is achieved only after consuming cigarettes.
Nowadays most of the youth are entangled within the maze of smoking. Most people start smoking to look trending or cool and some start in the influence of their so-called best friends. Every smoker intakes their first cigarette with the psychology of trying new stuff and they fake a promise to themselves that it’s my 1st and last but promises are more fragile than a mirror, and they keep on the smoking day by day and at last, they got addicted.
We all know that smoking is dangerous it causes cancer, heart disease, depression and most of the smoker wants to quit but can’t quite.
One of the main reason smoker keep smoking is nicotine. Nicotine is a chemical present in cigarettes that makes you addicted to smoking. Over time your body gets used to having nicotine. However more you smoke your body tends to be normal but when you don’t smoke then you will feel uncomfortable and your body craves for cigarette.
It’s not easy to quit, some research has shown that sudden quitting of smoking can lead to clinical depression.
Now the question is how to quit smoking?
From this article I would like to introduce some tricks for smokers to quit smoking.
1) The first step in quitting smoking is to learn, why you feel like you need to smoke? Once you understand the reason then you can prepare yourself better in finding ways to quit smoking.
2) Hanging out with smokers may trigger your urge to smoke. So to avoid smoking first you have to avoid your smoker’s group and engage yourself with non-smokers.
3) Avoid going to place where you regularly smoke like college canteen, tafree, smoking zone etc and try to spent more time in place where smoking is prohibited.
4) Keep your hand busy, play mobile games or squeeze a stress ball to release mental stress.
5) Take a deep breath, remind yourself why you want to stop smoking and think of people in your life who will be happier because you decided to quit.
6) Distract yourself when body urge to smoke, chew something like nicotex.
If you are smoking for more than 2 years then firstly try to quit smoking and to recover your body eat broccoli sprouts.
Broccoli and cabbage contain a sulphur-rich compound known as sulforaphane. It has been shown to provide powerful health benefits such as reducing airway inflammation in upper respiratory tract of smokers and have preventing effect for breast cancer and sulforaphane also reduce the risk of lung and stomach cancer.
The best time to quit smoking was the day you started, the second best time is to quit is today.
Thank you for reading this article.